Delicious and juicy chicken with roasted tomatoes is a real dinner celebration. You can make this recipe with minimum effort but the flavours you’ll deliver are mind blowing. This recipe is easy, needs just a couple of main ingredients and the oven does all the hard work. It’s the perfect meal after a long workday.
I love a quick and delicious dinner recipe. After a long workday, nobody has time to spend the rest of the evening stuck in the kitchen cooking. So I always try to create something easy but with no compromise on flavour… and this dish, chicken with roasted tomatoes, is exactly like that. Juicy chicken breast covered with vibrant spices and roasted in sweet cherry tomato sauce. It creates a harmonious blend that will leave you craving more.
Not only is this meal incredibly satisfying, but it’s also extremely versatile. Serve it as a side with fluffy rice or combine the chicken breast with toasted ciabatta bread for a delicious sandwich. It’s an ideal lunch (in my opinion!).
Alternatively, you can pair this recipe with a crisp salad or steamed vegetables to create a lighter yet equally satisfying dinner option. The possibilities are endless, you can truly tailor this dish to pretty much any preferences and dietary needs.
Whether you’re cooking for your family, hosting a dinner party, or simply treating yourself to a comforting meal, chicken with roasted tomatoes is a fantastic choice.
Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes: Ingredients
Looking at the full ingredient list, you might think you need a lot of products. However, the majority are kitchen staples that are usually hidden away in your kitchen cupboards.
Here’s the full ingredients list:
- Cherry tomatoes – these tomatoes are always my go-to choice when I need instant tomato flavour. They are sweet, juicy and fragrant. If Heirloom tomatoes are in season though, you can use them.
- Garlic – to give some earthy tones to your sauce.
- Chilli pepper – if you don’t like hot food, you can skip this ingredient, but chilli pepper adds additional flavour notes.
- Harissa paste – this paste is pure magic. So full of flavour that even a small amount can fully transform the dish.
- Double cream – helps to balance all the big flavours and tones down the dish in order to create perfect harmony.
- Chicken breast – you can also use chicken thighs, drumsticks or even pork fillets.
- Sweet paprika – adds a subtle sweetness and mild smokiness to the chicken marinade.
- Smoked paprika – helps bring robust and smoky notes.
- Garlic powder – creates a cohesive flavour palette together with the tomato sauce.
- Turmeric – I love adding turmeric to my marinades. This spice is very beneficial for our health and also brings earthy flavours to the meal.
- Cayenne pepper – extra heat.
- Lemon pepper – this ingredient is incredible. It’s zesty and spicy at the same time. I absolutely love it!
- Parsley – just a touch of fresh parsley elevates the dish.
Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes: Serving Options
This chicken with roasted tomatoes meal is delicious as it is, but you can also use it as a base and serve it with various different sides to create a new dish.
Some serving options include:
- The best sandwich ever – toast ciabatta bread and add the chicken breast on top together with the roasted tomatoes. Finish with another ciabatta slice, and you’ve got the best sandwich ever.
- A healthy and filling dinner – cook fluffy basmati rice and serve the chicken breast on top with loads of delicious tomato sauce.
- No carbs for me – mix crispy salad leaves (spinach, rocket, Romaine salad… or anything else you fancy) together with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Serve it alongside the chicken and tomatoes.
If you’re looking for dinner recipe inspiration, give these recipes a go:
250g cherry tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
1 chilli pepper
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon harissa paste
50ml double cream
500g chicken breast
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Salt and pepper
Prepare the tomatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the tomatoes into a skillet (oven safe) together with whole garlic cloves and chopped chilli pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the tomatoes in the oven for 20 minutes until they soften.
- Take the tomatoes out of the oven and add a tablespoon of harissa paste and double cream. Mix everything.
Prepare the chicken:
- Mix all the spices together.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the chicken breasts and cover with the spice mix.
- Preheat the pan and add the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until you get burnt spots.
Finish the dish:
- Arrange the chicken breasts on top of the cooked tomatoes.
- Cook everything in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Finish the dish with fresh parsley on top.