Galette with peach and cherry filling is absolutely the best summer dessert you can make. It’s easy, sweet and juicy. This low sugar, open pie is the best recipe to celebrate all the seasonal fruits and berries and really showcase their glory.
Last year, I posted a recipe for galette with strawberries and almond cream. This dessert was my go-to treat for the whole summer. This time, I updated the recipe and made it even simpler and more fragrant. This amazing galette with peach and cherry filling is so delicious that you will keep baking it time and time again.
It should be no surprise… I’m obsessed with seasonal fruits, berries and veggies. In my opinion, this is real eating. Just by using produce at its harvest time, you can really appreciate the taste. This is why you wouldn’t make galette in the wintertime – it would be bland and dry, and just not quite right. Galettes are the ultimate summer celebration pies.
This summer pie is made with seasonal delicious cherries and juicy peaches (if you want, you can swap them for lovely nectarines). They’re wrapped in flaky and buttery pastry. All the goodness in one bite. You can also serve this pie with a sneaky scoop of vanilla ice cream or silky custard sauce. Heavenly.
How to Make Galette with Peach and Cherry Filling
I love this galette with peach and cherry filling recipe because it’s so easy! Nobody wants to spend hours in the kitchen on a hot summer day.
- Prepare the pastry – make the pastry as you would for your favourite tart. The most important thing is not to over mix and let it cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the fruits – wash them, take out the stones and slice them.
- Roll out the dough – after the pasty is chilled, roll it on the baking sheet. You can make the perfect disk by cutting the edges or you can keep it very rustic and leave the uneven edges.
- Add the filling – spread the lemon curd and arrange the filling in the middle of the pastry, leaving 5-6cm from the ends.
- Fold the edges – after you arrange the filling, fold the pastry edges to cover the filling just a little bit.
- Bake – the easiest part! Bake the pie in the oven for 40 minutes until it turns golden.
Galette with Peach and Cherry Filling Variations
To be honest, for the fillings in this galette with peach and cherry filling recipe, the world is your oyster. You can create so many different variations! Here are some ideas:
- Make it very French – make the pastry cream or custard (the recipe is here) and after the pastry is baked arrange the fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries) on top.
- Banoffee Pie Galette – combine all the goodness from banoffee pie and incorporate this into one lovely galette – add the caramel sauce on the pastry and arrange sliced bananas on top. Bake the pie in the oven and serve it with a dollop of double cream.
- Savoury galette – change this dessert into a nice side dish. Instead of using fruits and berries, add sliced tomatoes with basil leaves.
If you love cherries as much as I do, try these recipes:
Also, for your easy baking, I recommend these baking utensils:
200g plain flour
100g cold butter
1 tablespoon caster sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons lemon curd (recipe)
1 tablespoon caster sugar
Prepare the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Mix together flour, sugar and salt. Add diced cold butter. Using your hands, combine everything. You’re supposed to end up with the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add an egg and combine.
- Form the dough into a disk and let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare the filling:
- Cut the peaches into smaller slices.
- Take out the stones from the cherries.
Assemble the pie:
- Roll out the dough on a baking sheet (the same sheet you’ll bake the galette on) around 3-5 mm thick.
- In the middle of your disk, add the lemon curd (leave a border of 5-6cm) and arrange fruits on top.
- Fold up the edges of the dough to cover a little bit of your fruit filling.
- Sprinkle some caster sugar on top.
- Bake the galette for 40 minutes or until it is golden.