Chicken thighs with chimichurri sauce is the perfect dinner recipe. This recipe gives a little bit of heat from the chilli peppers, combined with fragrant and refreshing parsley. You can serve the sauce with pork medallions or beef strips as well.
I guess most of you have heard about the delicious South American chimichurri sauce. It’s fragrant and mouth-wateringly tasty, with a little bit of heat from the chillies. Well, I’m nowhere near sharing the original recipe, but I’d like to inspire you and provide my personal interpretation of this condiment.
To make this recipe more accessible, I served the sauce with grilled boneless chicken thighs. Heat your pan until it reaches a smoking hot temperature, then add the marinated thighs. You can also grill them or even barbeque to give a wonderful smokiness.
If this isn’t the perfect way to end your day, I really don’t know what it is. I’m telling you, just try it out and you’ll find yourself making this delicious chimichurri sauce on a weekly basis.
Ingredients for Chimichurri Sauce
This delicious and fragrant chimichurri sauce requires just 6 ingredients and 6 minutes to make. For my recipe I used these products:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- White wine vinegar
However, feel free to add different ingredients such as cilantro, oregano and shallots to create the best flavour combination for your tastes and preferences.
How to Make Chimichurri Sauce
There are three main ways to make this condiment:
- The way I did – use a food processor. Add all the ingredients and blitz them together. I know that originally, olive oil is added after you reach the needed consistency. But for simplicity’s sake, I added everything together at the same time.
- Use a mortar and pestle. Chop the parsley, chilli and garlic. Add the ingredients into the mortar and mash all of them together with the pestle.
- The most labour intense method – chopping. Chop all the ingredients finely with your knife and mix them with the liquids.
How to Serve Chimichurri Sauce
I keep saying this over and over again, but I’m telling you – this sauce is delicious. It can be so versatile. Here are some examples of how to serve this condiment:
- Of course, the obvious choice is to serve the condiment with delicious boneless chicken thighs.
- Surprisingly, this sauce can also be perfect with pasta dishes. Just boil your favourite pasta and coat it generously with the sauce. Finish the dish with grated parmesan.
- Fry delicious white fish (like sea bass or cod) and serve the fillets with French fries and chimichurri sauce on top.
- Getting tired of your usual peppercorn sauce with your steak? Well, you guessed right – swap it with chimichurri! This recipe arrived from Argentina (well-known as a steak country), so this is a truly perfect match on your plate.
There really are endless opportunities to use this delicious sauce, but here are just a few more options:
Bunch of flat parsley
2 chilli peppers
1 garlic clove
100ml olive oil
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
500g boneless chicken tights
1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
2 tablespoons of chimichurri sauce
Salt and pepper
Prepare the Chimichurri Sauce:
- Add the chopped parsley and chilli pepper into a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
- Process until finely minced (don’t go for a full paste texture).
- Taste and season to your liking.
Prepare the Chicken Things:
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients (except the olive oil). Leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook the chicken on both sides for 5 minutes each.
- Serve the chicken with a dollop of the remaining sauce, slices of chilli peppers and lemon.