This soft, rich and moist brownie with pecans is an incredible and indulgent treat. This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make, and is the perfect way to get that much-needed chocolate boost.
We all have those days when we need a sugar hit (if you don’t – you’re lying!). Just a little something sweet would solve all the world’s problems (well, if not all the world’s problems, at least our personal ones).
I had this crazy need for chocolate last Wednesday, at precisely 9pm. With what felt like a crazy-long to do list and never-ending tasks, I had to take a pause and run to my kitchen to bake a brownie. This is my downtime… my way to relax… and this brownie recipe is also the easiest, sweetest and simplest dessert you could ever find.
I sometimes question if I’m doing the right thing by posting these simple and well-known recipes. But on the other hand, most of us are so keen to make something stunning that we completely forget about the classics.
So, I’m dedicating this section to recipes like this. Easy classics to remind you that the most delicious recipes don’t need to be overcomplicated and this simple brownie with pecans is exactly like that.
Simple Brownie with Pecans Ingredients
Six ingredients, 20 minutes and you’ll have a soft and fudgy amazing brownie with pecans. Quite simply, it’s everything you need to bring happiness to your home.
Here are the ingredients:
- Milk chocolate – you can actually use a mix of dark and milk chocolate, or milk and white chocolate, if you prefer. It’s up to you! (I used these chocolate buttons)
- Butter – to bring richness to your wonderfully simple brownie.
- Eggs – because we don’t use any raising agent in this recipe, eggs are the critical part. You need to whisk them well to give a proper lift to your brownie.
- Caster sugar – well… chocolate is not enough. We need an additional touch of sweetness!
- Plain flour
- Pecans – a simple brownie combined with nuts is the best flavour combination ever. You can also use roasted hazelnuts or almonds.
Simple Brownie with Pecans: Tips and Tricks
When you have a recipe as simple as this one, the devil’s in the details. So here are some top tips to help you make the ultimate moist and fudgy brownie:
- Take your time whisking the eggs. This might take up to 7-8 minutes. You need to have a pale and fluffy mixture.
- After you add the dry ingredients, mix the batter very gently so you won’t deflate all the air from the eggs.
- Don’t overbake the cake. You only need 25 minutes in the oven for the perfect and fudgy cake.
- The moment your brownie is baked – take it out of the oven immediately. This will stop the cake from continuing baking.
- To make the perfect straight brownie cuts, wait 10-15 minutes for the cake to cool down. Rinse the knife under warm water and dry it with a towel. After that, cut the brownie in one movement. Repeat the process with the rest of the cuts.
If you’re a chocolate lover, try these delicious and simple recipes:
150g milk chocolate
60g caster sugar
40g plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Chop the pecans and gently roast them for a couple of minutes. Let them cool.
- Add the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a saucepan with boiling water.
- Add the caster sugar into a bowl with two eggs. Whisk everything together for 5 minutes until it’s combined. The mixture will become pale, thick and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs. Mix everything together.
- Add the flour and roasted pecans into the egg mixture.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes. After the cake is baked, let it cool down for a couple of minutes before cutting it.