Feta cheese dip with roasted cherry tomatoes and spring onions is the perfect snack for movie night. It takes less than 20 minutes to make and the taste will blow your mind. You can serve this dip with nachos, crackers or even with slices of toasted baguette.
I love easy snacks and dips. I enjoy the opportunity to adapt and swap the same classic dips for delicious new accompaniments while I’m watching movies on Friday nights. Guacamole, queso or salsa are the go-to choices for so many of us. However it’s the same thing time after time, and sometimes you need that extra bit of excitement in your little bowl.
And this is where feta cheese dip comes in. Zingy, salty and creamy dip that brings out all the flavours. It goes very well with nachos, crackers or small pieces of baguette or ciabatta. You can also use it as a substitute for hummus and dip your peppers, carrots, cucumbers into this salty, cheesy goodness.
Feta Cheese Dip Recipe Swaps
This won’t come as much of a surprise, but like all my recipes, this one can be adapted to your needs and liking. I really don’t want you going to the shop buying a full bottle of pomegranate molasses just because you need one tablespoon of it!
Here are some swaps you can make:
- Greek yogurt – this ingredient helps balance the saltiness and richness of the feta cheese in this recipe, however if you don’t have it, you can use natural yogurt or cream cheese.
- Pomegranate molasses – I absolutely love this product and it goes so well in so many recipes. You can easily swap it with runny honey however, to bring sweetness to the dip.
- If you’re short on time, you can skip roasting the cherry tomatoes and serve your dip without them. It will still be delicious, I promise.
- Give yourself permission to go crazy with the ingredients you’ll serve on the side! I listed a few to give you an idea, but to be honest, there’s no right or wrong…
Feta Cheese Dip Recipe
100g cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 block of feta cheese
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons of pomegranate molasses
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Prepare the cherry tomatoes:
2. Add the tomatoes to a baking dish together with some olive oil, crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Prepare the feta dip:
4. Add the feta cheese, yogurt, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, juice of lemon, salt and pepper. Blitz everything in a food processor until you have a smooth paste. If the dip is too thick – add more olive oil.
Serve the dish:
5. Add the roasted tomatoes on top of the dip, drizzle with some olive oil and finish with spring onion.