This delicious and warming chorizo and potato salad takes inspiration from Spanish cuisine. It uses spicy sausages combined with humble, earthy potatoes, finished with vibrant smoked paprika. The perfect, easy mid-week dish.
In April I’ll be going to Barcelona for a long weekend, and I can’t wait to tuck into some delicious Spanish tapas. The way they incorporate simple ingredients such as chorizo, potatoes, prawns and peppers is just amazing. It takes you on a full flavour journey in a single mouthful. Even just thinking about it makes me salivate…
Being very impatient, I couldn’t wait another month to enjoy Spanish cuisine. So I created a little feast in my kitchen.
This chorizo and potato salad brings all the best flavours into one very simple and comforting dish.
Tips and Variations for Chorizo and Potato Salad
This recipe is the bomb! It combines easy and humble ingredients which work together to truly elevate the dish.
There’s nothing you can really do to mess up this recipe, although I’d like to share some quick tips with you.
- Grease and oil – Chorizo is an oily sausage; due to this you don’t need additional oil. Just fry the sausages in the pan and let them release the fat.
- Chorizo – in this recipe, use uncooked chorizo sausages. They’ll give the dish more depth in flavour. Also, before frying them, don’t forget to remove the casings.
- Potatoes – because this is one of the main ingredients, I really recommend choosing the best quality potatoes you can afford and find. In this recipe, I used Harry & Percysalad potatoes. This family has been growing potatoes for the past 100 years, and they are the best in this business.
- Make ahead – you can pre-cook the potatoes and eggs a day before if you’re short in time, or you can utilise potato leftovers from your previous day’s dinner.
- Vegetables – I used olives and chili pepper to bring some freshness, but feel free to add butter or green beans, sweet pepper or even roasted broccoli / cauliflower florets.
250g chorizo sausages (casings removed)
½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 chili pepper
15 green olives
Salt and pepper
- Peel and slice the potatoes into small chunks. Place them in a pot with salted water together with the eggs. Boil for 6 minutes.
- Slice the chorizo sausages into smaller chunks (similar to potatoes). Add them into a preheated pan. Fry on both sides until they become golden brown.
- Add the cooked potatoes into the fried chorizo, together with the sweet and smoked paprika. Mix everything together. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chilli pepper and green olives.
- Add them on top of the cooked potatoes and chorizo.
- Slice the boiled eggs and arrange them on top of the potatoes.
- Finish the dish with finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper.