These easy to make mini banana pancakes are the perfect way to start your weekend mornings with a touch of sweetness. You can also swap ingredients for plant-based alternatives if you want a vegan breakfast version.
Ohhh I love pancakes!!! They are my ultimate Sunday breakfast choice! Sometimes I ask myself whether I’m still a six-year-old girl at heart, because the happiness pancakes bring me is just ridiculous.
I was always like this. My dad is a master when it comes to pancakes, and he would always make them for a lazy Sunday morning. Even to this day, he always makes them for my mum on weekends. Some things just can’t be changed.
This simple recipe combines so much more than just simple ingredients. It creates memories and moments with your loved ones. It brings happiness and joy to everyone around the table. That little touch of sweetness at the start of the day feels more special than anything else.
Before I jump into this simple and delicious recipe, I’ll leave you with my dad’s favourite phrase after he serves these pancakes to the family: ‘You know why the pancakes taste so good? Because I added the special ingredient – love’.
Ingredients for Mini Banana Pancakes
With less than 10 ingredients, you can create a real Sunday celebration in your home. Here’s the full list of ingredients:
- Bananas – use ripe bananas. This way you’ll get amazing sweetness for your pancakes. However, if your bananas are too soft and mushy, they won’t be good for this recipe.
- Flour – I used plain flour for this recipe, but feel free to swap it for self-raising or gluten free options.
- Milk – any type of milk will be good for the recipe (you can also swap milk for plant-based alternatives or even mix it with water).
- Cinnamon – I love adding cinnamon to my breakfast dishes. It adds warmth and awakens your taste buds. It’s also really good for your body (it supports gut health, has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, and more).
- Vanilla sugar – this ingredient gives a hint of vanilla with a touch of sweetness. If you can’t find it, just swap for a couple of drops of vanilla essence.
- Salt – almost every recipe needs salt. Just a small pinch.
- Butter – for frying. This will help achieve that amazing golden brown colour on your pancakes.
Tips for the Best Mini Banana Pancakes
These lovely, little banana pancakes are very easy to make. They could be a fabulous way to start a weekend morning with your kids. To create those cosy moments, here are some tips on how to achieve the best looking mini banana pancakes.
- Use plain flour for your batter (if you prefer – you can swap it for a gluten free option).
- I recommend adding milk in three parts. This way you’ll achieve the best consistency for your batter (sometimes flour absorbs liquid differently, so you might need a little bit less or more milk).
- Use a non-stick pan for your mini banana pancakes and also leave some room between each pancake. This way they won’t stick together.
- Cook the banana pancakes over a medium heat to achieve the most beautiful golden brown look.
More easy breakfast recipes:
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Pinch of salt
Knob of butter
- Cut the bananas into small slices.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except butter) into a bowl. Whisk everything together to form a smooth batter.
- Dip the banana slices into the batter to cover them.
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add the coated bananas into the pan and cook them on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with fresh berries, lemon curd (recipe is here), or your favourite jam.