I have to admit that I am not a fan of cookies. I don’t like that snap which everyone is looking for. I like my cookies very soft and they remind me small cakes. This is one of the reasons why in my life I baked cookies just couple of times. Everything changed almost 5 years ago when I met my amazing man.
I’ve noticed that he really liked desserts but chocolate… Chocolate was completely on other level. I could easily avoid arguments about my online shopping with a freshly baked chocolate cake. This is one of the reasons why I started experiment even more in the kitchen trying to discover the ultimate chocolate recipe. And let me tell you that these cookies are the real chocolate bomb! They are gooey, soft and so chocolaty that your heart might melt.
I recommend putting a dough in to a freezer overnight to get that amazing gooey texture (you can keep the dough in the freezer up to 72 hours). They are amazing freshly baked but even the next day they will be a real treat with a cup of coffee.
110g. cold butter
80g. brown sugar
200g. chocolate chips (I am using milk and dark chocolate chips)
110g. self-raising flour
100g. plain flour
30g. cacao powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
- Beat the butter and sugar until everything is combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix together
- Add all the dry ingredients (flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt). The texture supposed to be like breadcrumbs.
- Mix your eggs just a little bit (by doing this you will prevent for overmixing your dough) and combine with your dry ingredients
- Make dough balls. I made each of 80g and I had 9 cookie balls in total
- Cover the balls with a cling film and put them into a freezer
- Keep in the freezer for at least two hours
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees and bake the cookies for around 18 – 20 minutes.