Parsley and chive oil noodles are the perfect way to finish your day. With just a handful of ingredients, this dish is a breeze to prepare and will leave your taste buds singing with its refreshing and savoury flavours.
In my home, any type of carb-based food is very welcome. So, pasta, noodles and pies are the most in-demand dinner options! During the weekends, when I have more time on my hands, I make everything from scratch. Although, when it comes to weekday meals, we all need speed and efficiency.
Well, the good news?
These parsley and chive oil noodles are exactly like that. From start to finish, you’ll need 15 minutes tops, and your dinner will be ready.
Also, if you’re not a fan of noodles or carb dishes in general, I believe this meal will change your mind. The combination of fresh herbs and aromatic garlic infused oil makes for a light and flavourful sauce that perfectly coats the noodles, giving each bite a burst of vibrant taste. What could be better?
Lastly, if you want some extra flavour, you can fry an egg and top the parsley and chive oil noodles. Runny yolk creates magic in this dish!
Parsley and Chive Oil Noodles: Tips
It’s so easy to make this fragrant and vibrant dinner. Just follow these tips and your parsley and chives oil noodles will be a real hit!
- Don’t overcook the noodles. Cooking noodles is quite similar to cooking pasta. You’ll want to keep just a little bit of chew. Nobody likes mush. So, keep an eye on your noodles and take them off the heat 1 minute before fully cooked.
- Use fresh herbs. Unfortunately, dried or frozen herbs won’t work for this recipe. Fresh herbs are more aromatic and give bright green colour to the sauce.
- Heat the oil. You need really hot oil to make this sauce truly delicious. I like to check the temperature and make sure the oil has reached at least 100 Celsius before pouring it on herbs.
- Don’t be afraid to use garlic and ginger. I know these two ingredients are really powerful and sometimes it’s be scary to use them raw in a dish. However, you’ll pour hot oil on them, so you won’t be eating raw garlic.
- Garnish the noodles. All the little details really make a difference. After you serve the dish, sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top, together with fresh parsley and chives.
Parsley and Chives Oil Noodles: Ingredients
To make the most delicious parsley and chive oil noodles, you’ll need 10 ingredients in total. Each of them has a very important role to create a cohesive and delicious dish.
- Sunflower oil – you need to use a neutral-tasting oil that’s perfect for cooking and frying. I used sunflower oil to cook the garlic and ginger, as well as to infuse the parsley and chives.
- Sesame oil – it has a rich, nutty flavour that pairs perfectly with the herbs in this dish. It’s added at the end to bring depth and complexity to the sauce.
- Parsley – this fresh herb adds a bright flavour to the dish, as well as a pop of colour.
- Chives – like parsley, chives add fresh flavour, but they also bring a mild onion flavour to the dish. You can also swap the chives with spring onions if you prefer.
- Peanuts – you need this ingredient for texture and a nutty flavour that complements the other ingredients in the dish.
- Garlic – it’ll infuse the oil with its flavour.
- Ginger – adds a warm, spicy flavour to the dish and complements the other Asian-inspired flavours.
- Chilli jam – I love adding chilli jam because it’s sweet and spicy at the same time. It’s not as powerful as chilli itself so it’s easier to control the heat levels.
- Soya sauce – for saltiness and umami taste.
- Noodles – of course, you can’t make a noodle dish without noodles! Use the ones you love and prefer. I used these ones for my dish.
If you like the sound of this recipe, you could also try these easy, vegetarian dinner ideas:
30ml sunflower oil
20ml sesame oil
Bunch of parsley
Bunch of chives
50g chopped peanuts
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon chilli jam
3 tablespoons soya sauce
Make the sauce:
- Heat both the oils on a low heat.
- Finely chop parsley, chives and peanuts. Grate the garlic cloves and ginger.
- Pour the heated oil on the chopped ingredients and mix everything together.
- Add the chilli jam and soya sauce. Mix everything together and season the sauce to your liking.
Finish the meal:
- Cook the noodles following the instructions on the pack.
- Mix the noodles with the prepared sauce and finish with the chopped peanuts and fresh parsley.