Pistachio cookies with chocolate chips are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a sweet snack to enjoy with your afternoon tea or a delicious treat to share with friends and family. They also make a great gift for anyone who loves cookies and chocolate.
I’m in a very strange stage at the moment… I feel like I have so much going on and so many things on my to-do list that I’m overwhelmed with everything, and I end up not doing anything. Instead, I get lost in my kitchen and just bake, cook and bake again. It’s a bit like my own personal therapy.
So, it might come as no surprise, but these cookies were born out of this anxiety and overwhelming feelings. Instead of tackling my never-ending to-do list, I just hid in my kitchen and baked the cookies.
Surprisingly, I even didn’t have a plan or recipe in my head. I just combined my favourite ingredients andhoped for the best. And I’m not going to lie, the result was amazing! The creation I ended up with was the most delicious and chewy pistachio cookies with chocolate chips. Therapy in a cookie.
If you’re like me, sometimes struggling with keeping your head above water, don’t worry. Everything will pass. And in the meantime, find your therapy… and just maybe these pistachio cookies with chocolate chips could be the right move.
Why Are These Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies So Good?
There are so many reasons you’ll fall in love with these cookies, but here are just a few of them:
- Easy to make – there’s no need for planning or preparation. From start to finish, this recipe will take less than one hour. There’s no need to chill the dough, so you can make them in the evening and enjoy these delicious treats before bedtime (I know… naughty).
- Chewy and soft – this is what I’m personally always searching for in cookies. I hate crunchy and hard biscuits. These pistachio cookies are exactly what I’m looking for – chewy, soft and totally scrumptious.
- Flavour – there’s no better combination than pistachios and chocolate. It’s delicious! Combined with different textures (the chopped and ground pistachios), this elevates everything.
Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies: Ingredients
To make these delicious and soft pistachio chocolate chip cookies, you’ll need just 7 ingredients and 40 minutes to spare. It’s easier and quicker than going to your corner shop to get packaged biscuits!
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need and swaps you could make:
- Pistachios – I love the crunch from pistachios. These nuts give the most amazing fragrance and also add some greenery to your cookies. Use two types of pistachios (ground and full kernels) to give two different textures for your treat.
- Butter and egg – these ingredients give structure to your bake, but if you practice a vegan diet, feel free to swap them with plant-based alternatives.
- Brown sugar – I’ve confessed my love for brown sugar many times before. I really like those extra rich taste notes that come from it. Brown sugar has caramelly and deep coffee flavours that enrich so many bakes.
- Plain flour – I used simple all-purpose flour for these pistachio cookies, but if you want, you can swap for gluten-free flour options.
- Chocolate chips – milk chocolate is my go-to choice. These extra dots of sweetness in your cookies are simply everything you could wish for.
Check out these other delicious cookie recipes:
60g pistachio kernels
125g room temperature butter
100g brown sugar
50g ground pistachios (I used this one)
150g plain flour
100g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roast the pistachios in a pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Let them cool down until you prepare the dough.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until you get a fluffy and smooth texture (this might take up to 5 minutes).
- Add the egg. Beat on high speed until combined (about 1 minute).
- Mix ground pistachios and flour in a separate bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: ground pistachios, flour, chocolate chips and roasted pistachios into the egg and butter mixture. Mix everything together.
- Form same-sized cookie balls and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes.