Halloumi wraps with mango salsa is the perfect, quick summer recipe. Making these wraps doesn’t require much effort, so it’s an amazing solution for those long, hot days. You can have a vegetarian version or swap halloumi for any meaty alternatives.
One thing I absolutely love about London is the fruit and veggie variety. Just around the corner, I have a shop that sells the most aromatic, exotic and delicious fruits. And one of their best options is honey mango. The moment I notice these yellow goodies, I know that sweet and juicy summer just hit – and special flavours are around the corner.
I’m most likely to use fruits for my bakes. Nonetheless, there’s nothing to stopping us incorporating these sweet, delicious flavours into our lunch recipes.
With this in mind, here comes the Mexican kitchen with the most delicious salsas. For this recipe, I used mango salsa which goes so well with this wonderfully squeaky Greek cheese (who said you can’t mix two cuisines?! It’s all about the fusion).
So, if you’re searching for a refreshing, filling but not too heavy meal, give these delicious halloumi wraps with mango salsa a go. I’m telling you – you won’t regret it. Just try to find the juiciest and most fragrant mangos for the best results.
Halloumi Wraps with Mango Salsa Recipe Variations
To be honest, in this recipe, the wrap filling is really down to the fruits of your imagination. You can create so many different variations! Here are some ideas:
- Mangos – this time I used honey mangos, just because I found them in my corner shop. But you can also swap them for juicy pineapple, papaya or go for the traditional salsa version with tomatoes and red onions.
- Halloumi – I wanted to have easy, refreshing and not too heavy lunch options. So I went for vegetarian ingredients (halloumi), but you can choose tofu, prawns or even breaded white fish.
- Mexican TexMex spices – I used Terre Exotique Tex Mex spice blend mix which has Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Coriander, Garlic etc. But feel free to use any Mexican spices for this recipe.
- Additional ingredients – I added just cherry tomatoes for freshness, but you can also add cucumbers, spring onions, roasted corns, beans… there’s no limitations at all!
If you’re looking for more lunch inspiration, try these recipes:
1 chilli pepper
Bunch of fresh parsley
1 lime (juice)
1 block of halloumi
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 teaspoon TexMex spice mix
4 tortilla wraps
Prepare the mango salsa:
- Cut the mango and avocado into similar sized cubes.
- Finely chop the chilli pepper and fresh parsley.
- Add everything in one bowl, squeeze the lime juice, add salt to your liking and mix together.
Prepare the halloumi cubes
- Cut the halloumi block into 1cm cubes.
- Mix the plain flour and Mexican spices together.
- Roll the halloumi cubes into the flour mixture.
- Preheat a pan with some olive oil.
- Fry the cubes until they are nicely golden.
Assemble the wraps:
- Heat the wraps in a pan without any oil.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add the halloumi cubes to the warm wraps, together with the spoon of mango salsa, cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley.